Spring has poked its head up numerous times this winter, but it is finally here to stay. Or, so says the weather authorities.
Kentucky is known as the “Bourbon Capital of the World” and is home to many world-renowned bourbon distilleries. Some of the best Kentucky bourbon distilleries to visit in the spring are:
- Maker’s Mark Distillery – Located in Loretto, Maker’s Mark is known for its signature red wax-sealed bottles. The distillery offers tours, tastings, and beautiful springtime views of the surrounding countryside.
- Woodford Reserve Distillery – Located in Versailles, Woodford Reserve is a National Historic Landmark and is known for its high-quality bourbon. Visitors can enjoy tours, tastings, and beautiful gardens in the spring.
- Buffalo Trace Distillery – Located in Frankfort, Buffalo Trace is one of the oldest continuously operating distilleries in the United States. The distillery offers tours, tastings, and beautiful views of the Kentucky River in the spring.
- Four Roses Distillery – Located in Lawrenceburg, Four Roses is known for its unique blending process that creates a smooth and mellow flavor. The distillery offers tours, tastings, and beautiful gardens in the spring.
- Wild Turkey Distillery – Located in Lawrenceburg, Wild Turkey is known for its high-proof bourbon and picturesque location on the Kentucky River. Visitors can enjoy tours, tastings, and beautiful views of the river in the spring.
These are just a few of the many excellent bourbon distilleries to visit in Kentucky in spring. Each distillery offers its unique tours and tastings, and visitors can learn about the history and production of this beloved American spirit.
Click here for more Original Pours.