With a so-so winter, I wanted to speed things up a little into spring. Bring on the warm weather and the bourbon cocktails that go with it. This recipe is super simple so everyone can make it in a pinch. For an added treat, remember to rub the edge of the glass with the orange peel for an added citrus kick.
- 1.5 oz. Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Club Soda
- 1 Orange Wedge for Garnish
- 1 Orange Peel Twist
- Combine bourbon, Aperol, and simple syrup in a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add Club Soda and a squeeze of the orange wedge.
- Stir to blend.
- Rub the cut edge of the orange wedge around the rim.
- Add orange peel to the glass.
It has been a while since I reviewed a cocktail. I picked a bourbon fizz because I was looking for something refreshing and this drink did not disappoint. Each sip was bursting with fizz and citrus. The bourbon brought a deepness to the cocktail that other fizzes lack. You could substitute the Club Soda for 7-UP to get more citrus into the drink. This is a good cocktail for the warm days ahead. This a make at 3/5 Barrels
Click here for more Bourbon reviews.