Lexington-based RD1 Spirits announces its expansion of bourbon distribution to Indiana through Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC), representing the brand’s growth beyond its home state of Kentucky.
“Indiana is a big first for us,” said Mike Tetterton, chief executive officer of RD1 Spirits, founded in 2020 to celebrate meaningful firsts in our lives, including Lexington’s first federally registered distillery, established in 1865. “We are proud to begin our expansion with RNDC into Indiana and look forward to introducing our unique ‘Bluegrass Glory’ bourbon tasting experience.”
RD1 is launching two small batch bourbons in Indiana, both aged for more than four years:
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (49% ALC/VOL, 98 proof, 750 ML) – a tried-and-true Lexington bourbon with notes of honeyed caramel, herbal tea, and peppery oak
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Finished With French Oak (50.5% ALC/VOL, 101 proof, 750 ML) – an elegant bourbon with caramel, dark cherries, and sweet oak flavors accented by the French Oak, which creates a mellow, enjoyable drinking experience.
Furthermore, RD1 has announced the addition of some heavy hitters to its leadership team with industry veterans of support sales, product development, finance, and marketing:
- Marc Lohnes, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, brings 46 years of wine and spirits experience. He started his career with E & J Gallo Winery, where he spent 24 years working closely with domestic and international retailers and wholesalers. Since then, he’s been helping introduce growing brands (Golden State Vintners, Oak Ridge Winery, Belfour Spirits, and Thomas Allen Wine Estates) to new markets to increase sales and brand value dramatically.
- Don Hardwick, Director of Product Innovation, has four decades of experience in the supply chain, packaging consulting, and spirit acquisition integrations. He spent most of his career with Beam Inc. in management leadership roles, including VP of Global Supply Chain and New Product Commercialization. Now, he is focusing his efforts on advising craft startups.
- Don Rodgers, Financial Brand Advisor, also has 40 years of experience in the distilled spirits industry, focusing on accounting and business development. Like Hardwick, he spent significant time with Beam Inc., managing all North American plants and overseeing budgeting and cost of goods standards for over 30 years. Upon retirement, he saw the need for financial business advisory for craft distilleries. Since then, he has helped grow 150 brands throughout the United States.
- Elizabeth Cornelius, Director of Marketing, marries 20 years of PR agency experience with wine and spirits marketing expertise. She brings a keen understanding of state nuances for alcohol beverage marketing and the creativity to help brands differentiate themselves through a strategic media mix.