Jim Beam, the parent company of Booker’s Bourbon, announces the release of a premium cask-strength bourbon named Kentucky Tea Batch.
The third release of Booker’s Bourbon 2022 Collection is Booker’s Batch 2022-03 “Kentucky Tea Batch.” While some may flavor their water with tea leaves, my dad, Booker Noe, loved flavoring his water with bourbon – Kentucky Tea.
Each release of this whiskey has a unique name that alludes to the people, places and/or history behind the brand.
Like all batches of Booker’s Bourbon, Kentucky Tea Batch was selected by Seventh Generation Master Distiller Fred Noe. Uncut and unfiltered, this batch is 126.5 proof. It aged seven years, four months and 14 days.
The batch is made up of six production dates that were aged in six different warehouses. The breakdown of barrel storage for Booker’s “Kentucky Tea Batch” is as follows:
- 2% came from the 3rd floor of 7-story warehouse 5
- 1% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse X
- 1% came from the 4th floor of 9-story warehouse D
- 12% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse 1
- 24% came from the 5th floor of 7-story warehouse Q
- 14% came from the 6th floor of 7-story warehouse Q
- 46% came from the 6th floor of 7-story warehouse Z
The company reports that Kentucky Tea Batch has an amber color and a dark, sweet vanilla aroma before a sweet vanilla taste. This new release is now available nationwide in limited quantities for a suggested retail price of $89.99 for a 750-ml. bottle.