Thomas S. Moore Port Finished Bourbon received a Gold Outstanding score at the 2022 International Wine & Spirits Competition, receiving 98 out of 100 points. This honor is given to outstanding spirits that “immediately sets itself apart from others in the category.” In addition to this award, Barton 1792 Distillery bourbons claimed two Gold medals, one Silver medal and four Bronze medals.
Gold Outstanding was awarded to:
- Thomas S. Moore Port Finished Bourbon
Gold medals went to:
- 1792 12-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Thomas S. Moore Chardonnay Finished Bourbon
Silver medal was awarded to:
- 1792 Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Bronze medals went to:
- 1792 Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1792 Sweet Wheat Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1792 Bottled-In-Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
The International Wine & Spirits Competition uses a double-blind tasting method, in which samples are tasted in pre-poured numbered glasses to ensure judges never see a bottle. Spirits are judged by a panel of world-renowned experts from across the global spirits trade, allowing for group discussion. For more information on the International Wine and Spirits Competition, visit https://www.iwsc.net/.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.