If you are like me, I become a hermit in the winter, barely sticking my head out the front door. Oh, but spring means warmer weather and more time with friends and family. What better way to cut loose during spring than a boozy drink? Introducing the Kentucky Iced Tea. This recipe is for one gallon because WHY NOT!! INGREDIENTS:
- 24 oz. of Kentucky Bourbon
- 4 Cups of Boiling Water
- 12 Black Tea Bags
- 8 Dashes of Bitters
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 6 Cups of Cold Water
- 3 Cups of the Good Ice
- Lemon Wedges
- Combine the boiling water and sugar in a heatproof container and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Pour the tea mixture into a heatproof pitcher or serving jar. Add the cold water, bourbon and ice. Stir well, and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, divide between 16 ice-filled highball glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice.
This recipe receives 5/5 Barrels.