I do not know about you, but one of my favorite destinations to visit on vacation is a fudge shop. My family makes multiple trips to the fridge to slice off a piece to maintain strict quality control.
In honor of everyone’s vacation, I am providing a recipe that is near and dear to my heart.
I hope everyone enjoys my chocolate bourbon fudge recipe. I first encountered this delight down in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Add as much bourbon as you like, but be careful. Kids may want to enjoy it as well.
- 10 oz. of Milk Chocolate
- 10 oz. of Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup of Kentucky Bourbon
- 1.5 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Butter
- 1 TBSP of Salt (Sea Salt to Sprinkle over the top) Optional
- Line an 8X8 greased pan with parchment paper.
- Cut chocolate bars down and melt them using a double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add butter and condensed milk, cooking for 1-2 minutes until mixed thoroughly.
- Add bourbon and the vanilla and continue to mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.