As the 4th of July approaches, I wanted to review a lighter cocktail that someone can sip on while watching adults trying not to blow off their hands with fireworks.
This cocktail delivers that citrus taste that summer bourbon cocktails crave.
- 1.0 oz Bourbon
- 1.0 oz Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Tonic Water to fill
- Lemon Slice
- Any Type of Extra Berries can be added
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, and blackberry simple syrup into shaker and shake.
- In a rocks glass, add ice, fresh berries, and a lemon slice.
- Strain into glass and top with Tonic Water.
This may be the healthiest bourbon cocktail I have tried so far this year. I felt like I was making a parfait rather than a drink, but this cocktail delivers on the flavor.
The Blackberry simple syrup was something I had not tried before, and the bourbon mixed perfectly. Also, the lemon juice paired with the tonic water gave the drink a soda feel, which is great for hot July days.
I would highly recommend this cocktail for your 4th of July party and to keep all adults with a full glass, so on July 5th, everyone has all their digits left.
Happy 4th of July from The Bourbon Flight
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.