In honor of deer season going on now. We know that deer stands are a cold, bitter place to be in the morning. After you have bagged the prized buck, celebrate with this recipe that is sure to warm the soul.
A slight change to the classic Whiskey Buck, a Kentucky Buck combines strawberry with bourbon, citrus, bitters, and ginger beer for a sweet taste of Kentucky.
- 2 strawberries, hulled
- 1.5 oz. 1:1 simple syrup
- 2 oz Kentucky bourbon
- 0.75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Strawberry, to garnish
- Muddle strawberries with the simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, and Angostura bitters.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 10–15 seconds.
- Double strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.