FoodChain is thrilled to announce that Buffalo Trace has provided a “Barrel Selection Experience of Blanton’s Bourbon” to be auctioned with the FEAST 2023 fundraiser on May 24th.
Included in this experience will be a custom VIP tour, a casual lunch at the Distillery with a Distillery team member and the selection of a barrel of bourbon. The experience is for a maximum of 8 people. This is a Once-In-A-Lifetime Opportunity To Select Your Own Barrel of Blanton’s Bourbon!
Bidding starts Friday, May 12th at noon and concludes on May 24 at 8 pm. Please visit givebutter.com/c/FEAST2023/auction/items/113143 for more information and to bid.
This auction benefits FoodChain, a nonprofit organization in Lexington, KY increasing access to locally sourced, fresh food for everyone. For the past 11 years, they have partnered with our local community to empower people to love food with innovative methods of direct food access, unique and accessible food literacy programming, and a one-of-a-kind indoor aquaponic farm. This is how they model a more sustainable food system.
As the highest bidder, your package will start with a visit to Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky! Upon your arrival, you’ll be taken on an extensive, behind-the-scenes tour to learn about the rich history of distilling. Following your tour, you will sample directly from several barrels of Blanton’s chosen specially for you and your guests by industry experts and learn firsthand about the inimitable magic in Kentucky warehouses.
You’ll taste straight from the barrel, cut down to bottling proof, while the natural aromas and distinct flavors shine through. After you select the barrel that best reflects your discerning taste you’ll send it on its way to bottling and personalization.
Selecting your own barrel of Blanton’s is an unbelievable lifetime experience. With demand for one of the distillery’s most popular brands outpacing supply, owning an entire barrel is a rarity for even the biggest bourbon fans.
Highlights (The winning bidder will receive the following):
- VIP Tour at Buffalo Trace Distillery for up to 8 people, including lunch with a Distillery team member.
- Barrel Tasting – Taste several barrels of Blanton’s Bourbon.
- The opportunity to select your own barrel of Blanton’s for bottling into 750ml bottles.
- The winning bidder will be responsible for picking up the bottles at the provided location upon completion.
- The auction lot is subject to applicable KY sales tax (6%), and if paying by credit card, will include a standard processing fee of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction.
- Travel expenses are not included.
- Experience to occur between June – Dec of 2023 (mutually agreeable date).
- Processing time: 20 weeks from barrel selection to retail/bottling
- FoodChain is a non-profit 501(c)(3) under tax ID# 45-4088193.
- The estimated value of the goods received in exchange for the winning bid is $13,240.
To purchase tickets and view the entire list of FEAST 2023 chefs, please visit foodchainfeast2023.eventbrite.com.