Evan Williams Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey announced 15 American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund grant recipients. The 2023 Veteran Community Action Grants awarded $75,000 across projects that make a meaningful difference in veterans’ enjoyment and quality of life.
From training service dogs to professional development, music therapy and medical care, each program supports giving back to those who served. As an American-made and owned Bourbon, Evan Williams proudly supports U.S. military veterans through the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund. First established in 2020, the fund continues the brand’s support of veteran communities since launching the Evan Williams American-Made Heroes program and limited-edition label in 2015. Evan Williams has recognized 54 veteran heroes on its American Hero Edition bottles and donated $600,000 to nonprofits.
“The 2023 recipients of the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund Grants are an incredible group of organizations who deserve to be recognized for their amazing work to help their fellow veterans,” said Molly Vincent, Evan Williams Senior Brand Manager. “We would like to commend these organizations and their leaders who selflessly give back to their communities and protect the American spirit of service.”
The 15 recipients of the 2023 Veteran Community Action Grants awarded by the Evan Williams American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund are as follows:
- AZIMUTH CHECK FOUNDATION: ACF helps injured veterans achieve wellness in an atmosphere of camaraderie by providing them with challenging and rewarding events, including hiking, mountaineering, deep sea fishing, rock climbing, snowshoe hiking, sporting events & tournaments, and more.
- BATTLE DAWGS: Battle Dawgs offers a place for veterans to relax, reset, and refocus through outdoor rehabilitation, mentorship, and leadership programs.
- EXTREME ADVENTURES, LLC: Extreme Adventures provides outdoor experiences for Veterans and their families to enhance their lives through recreational and social opportunities that reengage them with the activities they love and unite them with people with similar backgrounds and experiences.
- FINAL SALUTE, INC: Final Salute was founded in 2010 to provide homeless female veterans and their families with safe, suitable housing.
- HEROES ON THE WATER, NORTHWEST WASHINGTON CHAPTER: Heroes on the Water provides kayak fishing excursions to veterans, first responders, active-duty military members and their families at no cost. These therapeutic events support America’s heroes and improve their quality of life.
- HILLVETS FOUNDATION: HillVets serves Veterans and the Military-connected community in Washington, D.C., by providing networking opportunities and second service careers in government.
- INFINITE WISHES FOUNDATION: The mission of the Infinite Heroes program through Infinite Wishes Foundation is to provide experiences (“Gratitude Tours”) to active-duty military and veterans who have been combat-wounded and are permanently disabled, are mobility impaired, or have a service-related life-threatening illness.
- LITTLE BLESSINGS VETERAN AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Through the healing power of equine services, wellness programs, and community integration, Little Blessings helps veterans and their families successfully transition to civilian life.
- NAVY SAFE HARBOR FOUNDATION: The Navy Safe Harbor Foundation works with Navy Wounded Warrior to support wounded, ill, and injured Navy and Coast Guard Sailors, their families, and caregivers through financial assistance and non-medical care.
- REFOCUS-ON-U: Refocus-On-U offers programs designed to help veterans receive wholeness of the mind through learning how to manage relationships, increase motivation, boost creativity, live above loss, manage stress without distress, overcome depression and anxiety, and achieve peak mental performance.
- ROBIN’S HOME: Robin’s Home provides a full continuum of care for homeless, unstably housed and low-income female veterans and their children through housing, case management, financial literacy, workforce development, and more.
- SHE’S THE VETERAN: Mental health in female veterans is under-researched, under-diagnosed, and under-treated. She’s the Veteran who provides comprehensive support services for women who have served, improving their lives through activities, advocacy, and research.
- STAND WITH ME ASSISTANCE DOG TEAM TRAINING, INC: Stand With Me provides an intensive school for canines and their humans, allowing veterans with service-related mental health disabilities to train their own service dogs.
- WARRIOR MUSIC FOUNDATION, INC: Warrior Music Foundation provides an avenue for healing by offering free music therapy and lessons to active-duty military veterans and their families, promoting learning and camaraderie.
- WARRIOR’S ART ROOM, INC: Warrior’s Art Room provides an inclusive space for veterans and their families to express themselves through various mediums, engage in creative workshops, and build a community.
As the second-largest selling Bourbon in the world, Evan Williams is proud of its American heritage and honored to broaden its support of veteran communities across the country. The 2024 class of Evan Williams American-Made Heroes will be selected from affiliate organizations that applied through the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund Grant process and will be announced in early May. To learn more about the Evan Williams American-Made Heroes Program, please visit american-madeheroes.com.