We waited until at least the beginning of December to present a Holiday Eggnog recipe. The month’s first recipe is from Basil Hayden, distilled and bottled by Jim Beam. Basil Hayden is an authentic Kentucky product.
At $40, this is a great price point to introduce the rich flavor of bourbon into a Holiday drink without stretching the wallet.
The Basil Hayden Bourbon Eggnog
- 1 750mL Bottle of Basil Hayden Bourbon.
- 1 Quart of Milk.
- 1 Quart of Heavy Cream.
- 2 Dozen Eggs.
- 1.5 Cups Sugar
- A dash of Nutmeg
- Separate yolks from the whites of the egg.
- Put the whites of the eggs aside.
- Beat yolks until creamy.
- Whip sugar into yolks.
- Beat whites until they stand in peaks, adding 1/2 cup additional sugar if desired.
- Beat yolks and Basil Hayden Bourbon together.
- Add whites to the bowl
- Beat the cream and then add the cream and milk to the mixture.
- Add nutmeg to taste.
Garnish each cup with a sprinkle of nutmeg.