This milkshake is a homage to all the “death by chocolate” recipes that family and friends will bring over during the holiday season. One twist, instead of using a well-type bourbon, we are using a premium bourbon from Milam & Greene named “Unabridged.”
This bourbon draws upon its cherry and dark chocolate notes to compliment the already rich notes of the shake. I found that using premium bourbon is the key to an adult milkshake. The higher proof, the better because the flavors are not as muted by the ice cream and heavy cream mixture.
This is my secret recipe, so do not share it with anyone on the naughty list.
- 4 Scopes of Premium Chocolate Ice Cream.
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- 4 oz. of Milam & Greens Unabridged Bourbon.
- 3 Tbsp. of Chocolate Syrup.
- 1/4 Cup of Sweeten Condensed Milk. (Trust Me)
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract.
- A pinch of Kosher Salt.
- Scope ice cream into a blender.
- Pour the heavy cream, chocolate syrup, condensed milk, and vanilla after the ice cream has melted a little.
- Throw the pitch of salt over your shoulder for luck and mix on low for about 3 minutes.
- After mixing, pour blender contents into a mason jar leaving about two inches from the top.
- Add the 4 ounces of “Unabridged Bourbon” to the top and then stir with a straw.
This shake will knock you off the yule log if you don’t watch, so please drink slowly. This recipe will make around three jars.