Let the sun shine down on my “Old Kentucky Home.” We have had some beautiful Bluegrass days lately and I continue to see swimming pools being opened up. Do you know what that means? Slushies!!!
An Old Fashioned is arguably the best bourbon cocktail in the world and the only way you could improve it is to freeze it into a delightful refreshing slush.
- 8 oz. of Kentucky Bourbon
- 2 Cups of Tart Cherry Juice
- 2 Tbsp. of Simple Syrup
- 8 Dashes of Bitters
- 2 Cups of Ice
- 2 Cherries for Garnish
- The night before, pour the cherry juice into ice cube molds and place them in the freezer.
- Add bourbon, simple syrup, bitters, cherry ice cubes, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with cherries.