Four Roses Distillery, the award-winning Kentucky-based bourbon brand, announces its global brand refresh, the first update since 2006. The new visual identity also comes as Four Roses, a heritage brand that predates Prohibition, celebrates its 135th year. Fans of the brand and consumers alike will see the refreshed branding across all of Four Roses’ bourbon bottles and on its new website.
Since its founding in 1888, the bourbon brand has maintained its commitment to quality and consistency in its liquid and overall product. Four Roses have continued to stay true to its roots and time-tested process of creating bourbons with unmatched flavors that are complex and delightfully mellow. Four Roses look to pay homage to the brand’s heritage while exploring a more modernized approach by evolving the labels on all bottles and revitalizing the website for a more user-friendly and cohesive experience.
Helmed by agency Camp + King, the design updates from the brand refresh include:
- A renewed, 3D rose emblem – the brand’s classic logo – offering a more refreshed and refined representation of the brand’s founding story.
- A new engraved rose cluster on the cork of each bottle.
- Brightened labels with gilded borders on all bottle labels bring a more contemporary look to the design. Labels on each of the brand’s four bourbon expressions show a varying color palette that corresponds with the richness of the product.
- The publico typeface on the new label brings an elegance that is as timeless as the brand itself.
- The addition of Master Distiller Brent Elliott’s signature on the face of each bottle is a nod to the care and attention he puts into every bottle; tasting notes have also been added to the back of each bottle label to highlight the unique flavor profiles of each product.
- An updated website design that still includes cocktail recipes, events, and purchase links but with a brighter and more cohesive look to match the refreshed branding
To celebrate this momentous occasion, for the first time ever, Four Roses is releasing a rare, limited edition kit – The Ten Recipe Tasting Experience – featuring each of the ten unique bourbon recipes that make up Four Roses’ bourbons. These ten signature recipes set the brand’s bourbons apart and give the liquid in each bottle its distinctive characteristic. The kit will include 50ml bottles of each recipe for bourbon enthusiasts to understand where the brand’s offerings originate. A QR code on the box will lead to a guided tasting video with Master Distiller Brent Elliott for a more immersive experience. This limited edition kit (SRP: $129.99) will be available starting June 30 at the Four Roses Visitor Centers in Lawrenceburg and Coxs Creek, Kentucky. It will roll out in select retailers in Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, and California starting mid-July.