For the first time in New Orleans Bourbon Festival history, one distillery won six awards, including the Best in Festival award. Silverback Distillery, an eight-year-old, independent craft distillery owned by Christine “Hooch Mama” Riggleman and her daughter, co-master distiller, and youngest distiller in the United States, Lauren “Baby Hooch” Riggleman, accepted the Best in Fest award on stage.
In 2018 Silverback took home “Best Bourbon Under 4 Years” with their Blackback Bourbon and “Best American Whiskey” for their Honey Rye. In 2019, they took home “Best Cask Strength” for Christine Riggleman Reserve and “Best Single Barrel Bourbon” for Christine Riggleman Reserve.
A double-blind panel of industry experts and consumers determines winners at the New Orleans Bourbon Festival.
“Winning these awards means so much to us, to craft distilleries, and to represent Virginia and Pennsylvania. This recognition shows that with quality and flavor, we can compete with the big names in the industry,” said owner Christine Riggleman.
- Silverback Distillery brought home six awards, including Best in Fest for the Alpha Series Bourbon.
- Best in Fest – Alpha Series Bourbon- GOLD
- Best Small Batch – Single Barrel Bourbon- SILVER
- Best Single Barrel – Alpha Series Bourbon – GOLD
- Best Cask Strength – Alpha Series Bourbon- GOLD
- Best Further Finished – Alpha Series Wheat Rum Barrel Finished- GOLD
- Best American Whiskey – Alpha Series Wheat Rum Barrel Finished- GOLD