What is worth a dram? Sometimes brands release a spirit and it becomes an instant hit. Unlike the Pappy’s of the world, which is always in demand, distillers produce bottles not knowing how well they may sell. Not one barrel is the same and when it comes to special releases, “fuggedaboutit!”
Here is a list of semi-rare bourbons that taste phenomenal and will only squeeze the bank a little. Some of these bottles may only be available in some states, but with a little effort, you should be able to get your hands on a bottle.
Wild Turkey Master’s Keep Bottled in Bond 2020
- This series is worth buying only if you are interested in collecting or want to sip on great bourbon.
Rebel Reserve 12-Year Single Barrel
- A premium wheated bourbon that is not Pappy or Weller. You may have to travel to Lux Row distillery to find it, but it is worth it in the long run.
Hardin’s Creek Jacob’s Well 15
- Catch this bottle quickly as news spreads on the quality of this bourbon. This price is soaring, so try to find it at retail or the distillery.
Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Barrel Proof
- Another rare find, but it can be done. Beware of the outlandish secondary market prices. This would be a buy under $200.
Noah’s Mill Small Batch Bourbon
- This bourbon checks all the boxes, big flavor, price, and availability. The bottle has excellent flavor, especially for such a high-proof bourbon.
Old Ezra 7-Year-Old Bourbon
- A bit hotter than others, Old Ezra continues to impress with its floral notes and smooth buttery finish. This bourbon should be an easy find as most are unaware of how good it is.
Michter’s 10-Year Bourbon
- A small batch of mystery mixed 10-year bourbon with a recipe and distilling history that we hope to find out one day. It is out on shelves. You need to be lucky to find it.
Click here for more Original Pours.