Balance is key to making the perfect whiskey sour. Too much of one ingredient will over-power the others, so stay true to the proportions in this cocktail. Fresh ingredients are always key to a perfect cocktail, so don’t cheat yourself, by using store-bought items.
We always love a day that we can drink here at The Bourbon Flight. Cheers!!!
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- ½ orange wheel (for serving)
- Maraschino cherry (for serving)
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is very cold about 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail through a strainer into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with orange wheel and cherry.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.