I thought creating a Barbie-inspired cocktail would be a good idea in honor of The Barbie movie being released.
First, a little history of Barbie. She was created by Ruth Handler and introduced by Mattel in 1959. She quickly became an iconic and popular toy, revolutionizing the doll industry and impacting popular culture. Barbie has had the profession of an Astronaut, Flight Attendant, Doctor, and many more.
To my knowledge, she has never been a distiller, bartender or mixologist. When selecting a bourbon, I wanted to highlight an all-female distillery team. Milam & Greene recently released its Very Small Batch bourbon, which is fantastic, by the way.
The Pink Barbie
- 2 oz. of Milam & Greene Very Small Batch Bourbon
- 1 oz. of Strawberry Liqueur
- .05 oz. Rosé Wine
- .05 oz. Seltzer Water
- Sliced Strawberries
- Pour bourbon and strawberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker. Shake until mixed.
- Transfer to a champagne flute.
- Top with wine and seltzer water.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries.