A glaze can set your food apart from being ordinary to extraordinary. This simple bourbon glaze pairs well with meat, fish, and poultry. I have not tried it with vegetables, but carrots and brussels sprouts would be my thought.
- 1.5 oz (1 shot) of bourbon
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Heat on low for 15 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky.
- Remove and brush glaze onto to food.