Heaven Hill Distillery has released its 16th edition of the Parker’s Heritage Collection. The spirit is a Double Barreled Blend bourbon.

The expression consists of 67 percent 13-year-old Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey double-barreled for four weeks, with blended post-aging of 15-year-old Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey for the remaining 33 percent.

The 13-year-old bourbon, aged on the 5th and 7th floors of the rickhouse Q and produced in December 2008. After aging, it was then re-barreled into new American white oak barrels with a level three char for four weeks. Finally, the spirit was blended with 15-year-old bourbon from the 2nd and 5th floors of rickhouse II that was produced in January 2007.

A balanced flavor profile as most double-oaked expressions, but the blending brings out more oak and spice. The Parker’s Heritage Collection Double Barreled Blend Bourbon is barrel proof, unfiltered and uncut. Coming in at 132.2 it does pack a punch. Heaven Hill uses its traditional bourbon mash bill of 78% corn, 10% rye and 12% malted barley.

“The Parker’s Heritage Collection is a testament to the distilling legacy at Heaven Hill Distillery, and the continued thirst for innovation, which has driven generations of master distillers,” says Susan Wahl, Vice President, of American Whiskey at Heaven Hill. “This Double Barreled Blend Bourbon is a masterful pairing of two uniquely aged products that create the perfect balance of flavors which, we believe, honor the past, and are a fitting tribute to Parker and his legacy.”

Priced at $174.99, the 16th Edition of the Parker’s Heritage Collection is an allocated product, available nationally in limited quantities. A portion of the proceeds will continue to support ALS research and patient care in honor of Parker Beam, Master Distiller Emeritus, with more than $1 million contributed across the Parker’s Heritage Collection since 2013.

Click here for more Bottle Releases.


Owner/President at The Bourbon Flight, LLC | + posts