Pumpkin flavor anything has taken over the world and it has finally infiltrated The Bourbon Flight. I was a bit weary of adding anything to my Old Fashioned, but it’s Fall and I am weak.
So here I go, jumping on the pumpkin bandwagon.
- 2.0 oz Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla
- 1 Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Mix all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and top with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a lowball glass.
- Garnish with rosemary and an orange peel.
We may call this an Old Fashioned, but that’s like calling Thoroughbred a nag. The pumpkin puree was off-putting because of the texture. It was gritty. After getting past the texture, the cocktail wasn’t half bad. Pumpkin lovers will enjoy the concoction, but Old Fashioned enthusiasts beware: It is not your dad’s drink.
I give it 3/5 Barrels