Halloween is four days away, and I am reviewing a scary bourbon cocktail for all the ghost partiers in the graveyard. This cocktail infuses bourbon with Chinese black tea and a charcoal supplement that gives the drink its dark look.
If you can find dry ice, I would suggest putting a little in the bottom of the glass to enhance the overall presentation.
- 2.0 oz Kentucky Bourbon Infused with Black Tea
- 0.75 oz Blackberry Liqueur
- 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 Capsule of Activated Charcoal
- 1 Eggwhite
- Top with Orange Soda and Water
- Mix all ingredients except the Orange Soda Water into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a collins glass.
- Top with a splash of Orange Soda.
What a great Halloween bourbon cocktail presentation, especially when you add the dry ice. Unfortunately, that is as far as this cocktail makes it around the block for Trick or Treat.
Whoever thought of putting a charcoal supplement in a cocktail must be a zombie with no brains. YUCK!!!
The grittiness from the tea and charcoal was off-putting. And then add an egg white; the creator must have wanted people to turn green like a witch.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t even give this a barrel. BEWARE
Click here for more Bourbon reviews.