Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, The Bourbon Flight presents the Irish Slush. We know that the Irish holidays should be celebrated with Irish whiskey, but we are in Kentucky and that means bourbon only. Enjoy!
This drink is best served with friends, so here is a recipe for at least 20 people.
- 2 cups strong black tea, hot
- 2 cups sugar
- 12-ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 750-milliliter bottle bourbon
- 5 cups of cold water
- Add ginger ale to taste
- Freeze in a safe pitcher
- Mix together the tea and sugar until dissolved
- Add the lemonade and orange juice, bourbon, and water, then stir until dissolved
- Cover the pitcher
- Freeze overnight, or at least 5 hours
- The alcohol will not freeze solid
- When done serve in your favorite St. Patrick’s Day, or julep cup
- If desired top with ginger ale
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.