Each year the Texas Whiskey Festival hosts a competition to determine who has the best Texas Bourbon, Rye, Malt Whiskey, and newly added Flavored Whiskeys. The categories are also broken out between grain to glass and aged & bottled in Texas products. Both are spectacular but different, so we want to highlight that. The winners are chosen by a panel of judges in a blind tasting.
“We view the contest and awards as a guide for people to discover new whiskeys,” says Co-Founder Jake Clements. Everything entered in the contest is available for purchase by the bottle or glass, with some being in distribution and others being distillery-only releases.
These are the winners chosen by the judges, so we let Festival attendees have the opportunity to vote on their favorite distillery to decide the people’s choice award. Remember, the best whiskey is the one you like.
Bourbon: Grain to Glass
- Gold – Silver Star Spirits – 1849 Straight Bourbon
- Silver – Balcones Distilling – Blue Corn Bourbon finished in Wine Casks
- Bronze – Yellow Rose Distilling – Harris County Bourbon
Bourbon: Aged and Bottled in Texas
- Gold – Treaty Oak Distilling – 16-Year Tennessee Whiskey
- Silver – Oak & Eden – Anthro Series: Forrie J Smith
- Bronze – Dime Box Distilling – Single Barrel 6yr Sixth Street Bourbon
Rye Whiskey: Grain to Glass
- Gold – Balcones Distilling – Texas Rye Bottled in Bond
- Silver – Giant Texas Distillers – Cask Strength Rye
- Bronze – Shire Distilling – Rye Whiskey
Rye Whiskey: Aged and Bottled in Texas
- Gold – Blackland Distilling – Rye Whiskey
- Silver – Old Humble Distilling – Double OakStraight Rye Whiskey
- Bronze – Yellow Rose Distilling – Rye Whiskey
Malt Whiskey: Grain to Glass
- Gold – Crowded Barrel Whiskey Co. – Single Mom Single Malt
- Silver – Andalusia Whiskey Co. – Bottled in Bond Single Malt
- Bronze – William Price Distilling – Single Malt Sherry Finished.
- Gold – Blackland Distilling – Texas Pecan Brown Sugar Bourbon
- Silver – Treaty Oak Distilling – Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Bronze – Silver Star Spirits – Texas Honey
You can taste the best Texas whiskeys and many more. It doesn’t matter if you are an avid whiskey drinker or think you might like whiskey this is an opportunity for you to try new whiskeys and meet the people that make them. You will get to choose from 70+ whiskeys made by the 35 distilleries participating.
It is a night of sampling new whiskey, meeting friends, and enjoying food, cigars, and music.
About the Texas Whiskey Festival
The festival’s mission is simple: To help promote and enhance the brands of the many great distilleries throughout Texas. As an organization, we know that Texas has some of the best distilleries and whiskeys globally. The Texas Whiskey Festival is an opportunity to showcase that. For more information, please visit https://txwhiskeyfest.com.