Mint Juleps are fantastic, but why not try its southern alternative, Sweet Tea Mint Julep. This cocktail will quickly become your go-to summer cocktail.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 1/2 fresh mint
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 mint herbal tea bags
- 12 oz. of Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 lemon sliced
- Crushed ice
- Combine water, fresh mint, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan
- Over high stir occasionally, until sugar is dissolved
- Bring to a boil
- Remove from heat
- Add mint herbal tea bags
- Steep until cooled to room temperature
- Strain into a pitcher
- Stir in bourbon and lemon slices
- Serve over crushed ice, and garnish with additional fresh mint.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.