J. Carver Distillery, the grain-to-glass Minnesota microdistillery located in Waconia, Minnesota, is pleased to announce the limited release of J. Carver 7-Year Brickyard Straight Bourbon Whiskey. As with the recently introduced 7-Year Straight Bourbon Whiskey and 7-Year Runestone Straight Rye, this fine whiskey offers the unique flavors of Minnesota grains and Minnesota barrels with the complexity of a carefully crafted, well-aged whiskey.
“J. Carver Distillery is located in beautiful Carver County, home to the historic Chaska brickyards, which produced the distinctive yellow ‘Chaska Brick’ churches and farmhouses up and down the Minnesota River,” stated Bill Miller, Founding Partner. “Likewise, our Brickyard Straight Bourbon uses local, similarly yellow corn, wheat and barley grown in towns along the banks of the Minnesota River. Based on Minnesota grains and aged in Minnesota barrels and hand-made and bottled here at our facility in Waconia, we are thrilled that Minnesota distilleries are adding to the history of Bourbon.”
J. Carver Distillery will be celebrating National Bourbon Heritage Month and the first release of J. Carver 7 Year Brickyard Straight Bourbon with a first release party at J. Carver Distillery from 5:00-8:30 pm after the conclusion of Waconia’s Annual Nickle Dickle Day event, a town festival put on by Waconia’s Chamber of Commerce.
J. Carver 7-Year Brickyard Straight Bourbon
- Distilled from local Minnesota corn, Minnesota winter wheat, malted barley, and aged for more than 7 years in charred new oak barrels
- Non-chill filtered and bottled at 95.2 proof
- The first release produced 1,111 bottles
- Handcrafted entirely on-site in Waconia, Minnesota
J. Carver 7-Year Tasting Notes:
- Color: Deep amber
- Aroma: Sweet nose, caramel, toffee, vanilla custard, and toasted oak
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied, sweet, smooth, complex, and rich in flavor
- Flavor: An amazing balance of sweetness and richness. Soft and approachable with intriguing flavors of baked pear, brown sugar, vanilla, bread pudding, toffee, caramel, honey, dried cherry, milk chocolate, toasted oak, and baking spice notes with a long, soft, smooth finish.
- Finish: Long, sweet, smooth, and elegant finish
- Aged: 84-90+ months
- Proof: 95.2 proof
- Mash Bill: MN 71% corn, MN 20% winter wheat, and 9% malted barley
Click here for more Bottle Releases.