The end of summer means one thing to Old Forester Bourbon lovers. It’s time to celebrate a birthday.
“Every year, Birthday Bourbon is a unique opportunity for lovers of Old Forester to taste a snapshot of the bourbon being laid down over a decade ago,” Old Forester Master Taster Melissa Rift said in a news release. “This year’s 12-year-old offering is serving up a classic Old Forester profile that has spent that time developing rich caramelized and oaky characteristics. This year, I am honored to raise a glass to yet another year of George Garvin Brown’s ongoing legacy and celebrate all there is to love about this special offering with friends, family and fans of the brand.”
This is the 157th anniversary of Old Forester Distillery founder George Garvin Brown’s birth. The date will be again celebrated with a release of a 12-year-old Birthday Bourbon that registers at 96-proof.
Here are some specifics
- The 12-year-old bourbon came from the 5th floor of Old Forester’s Warehouse I.
- The 103 barrels pulled for the 2023 Birthday Bourbon were filled on May 5, 2011.
- Color of rich aged leather.
- The aroma contains candied citrus, roasted coffee beans, and charred oak.
- Heavy notes of dark honey on the tongue.
- Toasted oaky caramel with a long, smooth finish.
Like in 2022, this year’s release will only be available through an online sweepstakes. Old Forester will choose winners of the sweepstakes on September 2nd. The birthday sweepstakes run from August 24 to 31st. The purchase price will be $169.99 and can be picked up in person at Old Forester Distilling Co., located at 119 W Main St., Louisville, KY 40202.
Enter to win at Old Forester website.
Click here for more Bottle Releases.